"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, September 6, 2012

File This Under "If a Republican Said This..."

Well, of course, if a Republican delegate to their convention had been interviewed on camera and had expressed a desire to kill Obama, it would be national news and a sign of the "climate of violence" on the right.   But, of course, this Democratic delegate from New York named Julia Rodriguez won't make the evening news at all, I suspect:



The direct quote:   "Romney will destroy this country.   If I see him, I would like to kill him."   You can see the video here at The Blaze.

Now, do I think that this crazy old lady is really going to kill Romney.   No, of course not.   The real point for me is simply to ask:   How does a person like this who has such obviously low intelligence get herself into a position of being a delegate to a national political convention?   Are the Democrats really proud of having these sorts of folks be the face of their party?

No comments:

Post a Comment